include_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/_/tmpl.html'); t1(); ?>
My favourite sundials in the Netherlands
This listing is drawn from the Web page of
Fer J de Vries
who also has photographs of all the sundials listed here.
- Huize van Loon, Amsterdam. Adress : Keizersgracht 672
- A multi-faced dial from 1578
- Breda. Haagse Beemden, Shoping centre Heksewiel.
- A slightly inclined dial in Breda. Width 10 meters. (1994)
- Eindhoven, Herinkhave 3.
- A modern sundial.(1982)
- Groningen, Prinsenhof, little garden near Martini tower in center of town.
- A very beautiful dial made in 1731.
- Groningen, private garden.
- A spherical dial marked in quarter-hours.
- Jorwerd, a small place in the province Friesland
- This dial is dated 1621, but it only catches the sun for part of
- the day because of its placement on the wall.
- Jacobi church, Utrecht
- The oldest dated sundial in the Netherlands with a polestyle (1463)
- Vollenhove, in garden of town hall.
- Another multi-faced dial
- Zeist, Blind Institution Bartimeus.
- A sundial for blind children. An electronic device gives a beep when
- the equatorial disk is turned into the right position relative to the sun. (1991)
- Zoetermeer, Rokkeveen, Burg. Hoekstrapark.
- A modern dial. 2 equal sided triagnles form the base for the dialplate and for
- the shadow casting device. (1993)
Navigation links help you round our site. Please bookmark us so
we can see you again
by: bc.....moderated by: pn
This site is maintained by Internetworks Ltd
................ last revised 5 December 1996
Comments/ suggestions/ problems, please get in touch by